Job TitleCriminal Justice: Correctional Officer Adjunct Instructor, Evening Program (GIVE grant funded, temporary)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Oneida/Huntsville is accepting applications for a Criminal Justice: Correctional Officer Adjunct Instructor to teach evening courses at the Morgan County Career & Technical Center in Wartburg, Tennessee. Program will begin September 2020.
Salary: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines
*A criminal background check will be required for the selected applicant.
Application Deadline: July 9, 2020
Applications and Resumes should be submitted online at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/36/home/requisition/4363?c=tbr
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Oneida/Huntsville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Amy West, Assistant Director, 355 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756, (423) 663-4900, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice preferred
- Five (5) years' experience in the criminal justice corrections field
- Evidence of ability to teach students
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher
- Computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office applications, email, etc.)
- Indication of willingness to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, staff, and business/industry personnel
- Teach and instruct students through lecture, demonstrations, and/or audio visual aids
- Prepare syllabi of courses of study with detailed lesson plans
- Develop industry partnerships and collaborate with partners regarding program initiatives and training methodologies
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate students' progress
- Source and request necessary instructional supplies and equipment for proper instruction
- Maintain appropriate student records and submit timely reports
- Maintain required annual 60% completion, 70% placement, and 70% licensure rate pursuant to the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards
- Assist in program recruitment and assist certified graduates with placement opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all TBR, institutional, state and federal requirements