Job TitleIndustrial Maintenance-Mechatronics Associate Instructor, Full-time (GIVE grant funded, temporary)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Oneida/Huntsville is accepting applications for the position of Industrial Maintenance-Mechatronics Associate Instructor. This will be a day program taught five (5) days per week on the Oneida campus located at 180 Eli Lane, Oneida, Tennessee. Program will begin September 2020.
Salary: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines
*A criminal background check will be required for the selected applicant.
Application Deadline: July 9, 2020 Applications and Resumes should be submitted online at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/36/home/requisition/4366?c=tbr
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Oneida/Huntsville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Amy West, Assistant Director, 355 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756, (423) 663-4900, email@example.com .
- Minimum of Associate degree or equivalent post-secondary diploma from an accredited technical training program in the related field
- Three (3) years' related work experience in the industrial maintenance-mechatronics field within the last five (5) years; Manufacturing experience a plus
- Must be proficient in basic electronics and electricity and be knowledgeable of hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers (PLC), robotics, instrumentation, and preventive maintenance
- Must commit to remain current in the Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics field and maintain program accrediting status
- Knowledge of welding, machining, and HVAC principles is a plus
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher
- Computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office applications, email, etc.)
- Indication of willingness to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, staff, and business/industry personnel
- Teach and instruct post-secondary and high school, dual-enrolled students through lecture, demonstrations, and/or audio visual aids
- Prepare syllabi of courses of study with detailed lesson plans
- Develop industry partnerships and collaborate with partners regarding program initiatives and training methodologies
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate students' progress
- Source and request necessary instructional supplies and equipment for proper instruction
- Maintain appropriate student records and submit timely reports
- Maintain required annual 60% completion, 70% placement, and 70% licensure rate pursuant to the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards
- Assist in program recruitment and assist certified graduates with placement opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all TBR, institutional, state and federal requirements