The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston is accepting applications for the position of Diesel Technology Instructor.
Successful candidate will be required to pass background check/drug screen.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
- Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts.
- Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu.
- Applications and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston
Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator for Human Resources
740 Hi Tech Drive, Livingston, TN 38570
(931) 823-7484 (fax)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.
·Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency; Associate Degree preferred.
·Current ASE Technician Certifications with willingness to achieve Master Technician in Medium/Heavy Duty Repair
·Must have a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience in the Diesel Field.
·Must have a strong hands-on technical background in all aspects of diesel technology; prior teaching a plus.
·Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
·Must commit to remain current in the field of Diesel Technology.
·Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
·Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
·Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching.
1. Provide individualized classroom and lab instruction to adult students.
2. Develop curricula to supplement the computer-based instruction with lab activities and exercises that prepare students for employment in the diesel field.
3. Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
4. Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
5. Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
6. Maintain good public relations with business and industry and maintain an active advisory committee.