The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston is accepting applications for the position of Part-time, Adjunct Health Science Instructor.
The Health Science Dual Enrollment, part-time instructor will be scheduled for 30 to 35 hours per week.
Successful candidate will be required to pass background check/drug screen.
**The hiring of this position is contingent upon the program securing adequate funding and sufficient class enrollment numbers.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
- Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts.
- Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu.
- Applications and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston
Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator of HR and Finance
740 Hi Tech Drive, Livingston, TN 38570
(931) 823-7484 (fax)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.
- Possess a Practical Nursing License or a Registered Nurse License.
- One to two years of experience in long-term care.
- Experience in teaching or supervising nurse aides.
- Evidence of potential ability to instruct, sincere interest in teaching and nursing, understanding and enthusiasm for the program, strong interpersonal skills, and high standards of personal and professional ethics.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must have ability to interact with high school students.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
- Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching.
1. Provide classroom, lab, and clinical instruction to high school students
2. Teach designated theory portion of the curriculum and supervise clinical rotations.
3. Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
4. Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
5. Maintain good public relations with business and industry.