The Tennessee College of Applied Technology McKenzie is accepting applications for a Welding Technology position. This is a full-time position located at the Weakley County extension campus with paid holidays and benefits package.
Applications may be picked up at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology McKenzie. Resumes may be sent to: Dr. Brad White, 16940 Highland Drive, McKenzie, TN 38201. Application/resumes will be received until the position is filled. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- High School Diploma or GED required, Technical Diploma or A.S. Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 year’s successful employment in the Welding field. AWS CWI or CWE certification preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Oxyacetylene Cutting, Plasma Cutting, Oxyacetylene Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Pipefitting, Blueprint Reading, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
- Applicant needs to possess computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrate ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Evidence of ability to plan, organize and manage diversified tasks.
- Possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s license.
- Teach all aspects of the Welding Technology Curriculum.
- Monitor, grade and evaluate individual student progress.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in student placement and recruitment.