The position of Maintenance Utility/Custodial Worker reports to the Coordinator of Facilities to perform a variety of tasks including maintenance of all buildings, grounds upkeep, custodial work, and the locking and securing of facilities.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, completed TCAT Murfreesboro application available on our website at www.tcatmurfreesboro.edu to:
Ms. Judy Henegar
Tennessee College of Applied Technology
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Murfreesboro does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Judy Henegar, 1303 Old Fort Parkway; Murfreesboro, TN 37129, phone no. 615-898-8010, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maintenance Utility/Custodial Worker should possess at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
The Maintenance Utility/Custodial Worker is responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of facilities.
- Working with the Coordinator of Facilities, preventative maintenance of facilities, and repairing or replacing equipment, and logging daily activity.
- Maintenance and cleaning of hallways, office, kitchen, multipurpose/meeting rooms, and the lunchroom by mopping, waxing, and buffing on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Maintenance and cleaning of all restroom facilities daily to include keeping all units in proper working order, keeping paper towels, tissue, and soap stocked and available for use.
- Removing all trash from the buildings, office, lounge, lunchrooms, copy room, auditorium, and meeting rooms daily with all outside trash picked up and removed daily or as needed.
- Ability to identify and manage Hazardous and Universal Waste as per Environmental Health and Safety and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Keeping all state vehicles serviced and cleaned.
- Working with the Coordinator of Facilities in grounds upkeep to include grass cutting, shrubbery trimming, and maintenance of equipment as needed.
The Maintenance Utility/ Custodial Worked shall demonstrate the ability to actively and properly carry out the duties and responsibilities required in this position.