The Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Newbern is accepting applications for the position of part-time Automotive Technology Instructor to teach part-time dual enrollment high school students at the TCAT-Newbern main campus.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
1. Must submit a resume and a TCAT Application (available https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment)
2. Resume and application will be accepted until position is filled.
3. Send resume and application with at least three (3) references to the following address:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Newbern
Attn: Donnie Walton
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
(731) 627-2310 (fax)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Newbern does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-
- Post-secondary training/diploma in Automotive Technology preferred
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ related work experience
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher
- Must commit to remain current in the Automotive profession and assist with program accrediting status
- Must show evidence of teaching ability
- Must have ability to interact with high school students
- Must show evidence of good character,
1. Provide instruction to students in all areas of the Automotive Technology program.
2. Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
3. Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
4. Assist in recruitment of students.
5. Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
6. Teaching will be 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, but is subject to adjustment.