Applying to a TCAT
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
*Please call Kim Kidd at 423-663-4900 to complete the application process*
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Power Line Construction and Maintenance
**Potential students must get their CDL permit PRIOR to starting the program (This is for students to earn their full diploma at the end of the program)**
Complete and submit the Practical Nursing Application for Enrollment.
Meet the minimum qualifications on the COMPASS Test.
Submit evidence of a high school diploma, GED, or Hi-SET.
Submit evidence of American Heart Association CPR certification.
Submit three work references or character references.
Submit a health record (physician’s examination report) and immunization records.
Attend a mandatory orientation session.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Licensure Requirements:
Applicant must have completed twelfth grade or have received a GED or Hi-SET.
Applicant must have satisfactorily completed a Practical Nursing program.
School must recommend its graduates as to health, general, and practical nursing education.
Applicant must pass NCLEX to be licensed.
Students are subject to alcohol and drug testing in connection with participation in clinical settings. (See Practical Nurse Handbook for more details.)
Applicant must have a criminal background check completed six (6) months prior to applying for licensure.
Clinical Sites for Practical Nurses:
Mountain People’s Health Clinics
Oneida Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Methodist Medical Center/Covenant Health
Deaconess Home Health
Quality Home Health
Huntsville Manor Nursing & Rehab.
STAND Program—Scott County
Scott County Schools
Dr. Dilip Joshi’s Office
Scott County Health Department (TN Dept. of Health)
Jamestown Regional Medical Center
Quality Home Health, Jamestown
Healthy Life Medical Clinic
Signature HealthCare, Fentress Co.
Amedysis Home Health, Jamestown
Fentress County School System
Grace Primary Care
Pioneer Family Medical Clinic
- Must be 18 years of age and completed at least the 10th grade with 10 high school credits or have a high school diploma or have obtained a score of at least 450 on the GED or HiSET equivalent
- Complete and submit an Application for Enrollment
- Have a definite occupational goal
- Submit evidence of MMR and Varicella immunizations