The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Oneida/Huntsville is excited to welcome returning students and new students back to our campuses on May 18, 2020. It will be great to be able to start hands on training, as well as theory training again. It is our mission to give each of you the best training possible and keep you safe at the same time. Starting Monday, we will have these campus modifications which are directed by the Tennessee Board of Regents:
1. All students and staff will wear a face mask while on campus. If you have a mask, please bring it. If not, you will be provided a mask when you arrive.
2. All students on the Oneida campus will enter through the front doors of the Administration Building. All students on the Huntsville Campus will enter through the main entrance in the front.
3. Students will be required to complete a Screening Questionnaire before entry to any building is permitted. A link to the questionnaire will be emailed daily to all students. If the responses determine the student meets the criteria for entry, he/she will receive an Admission Certificate via email. Students will present this certificate, either a printed copy or by showing the document on their phone, to the designated employee. If an electronic Admission Certificate is not presented, the student will be required to complete the paper questionnaire when they arrive on campus.
4. We encourage regular handwashing and use of hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and in classrooms.
5. The vending machines will be available only during scheduled breaks and the 30-minute lunch times. The break room seating is closed.
6. There will be no more than nine (9) students plus the instructor in classroom settings. Instructors will share with you how this will be accomplished in your program.
7. Social distancing of six (6) feet apart should be followed at all times while on campus.
8. If you are running a temperature or sick, you should notify your instructor and stay home until you are cleared by your doctor to return to campus.
These are very difficult times and these measures have been designed by the Tennessee Board of Regents and TCAT Administration in ensure your health and safety. We are here to assist you and will make your experience as a TCAT student pleasurable and profitable for your future. If you have questions, please contact your instructor or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call (423) 663-4900. Again, we are excited to start the Summer term and look forward to seeing you on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Dwight Murphy, President