The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director. The Assistant Director reports directly to the President of the Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville and will be located at the Shelbyville Campus with coverage responsibilities at all off-site locations.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience in or with a post-secondary education institution with decision making responsibilities.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, human relations, communication skills, organizational skills.
- Teaching experience with knowledge of instructional techniques and processes, preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of network systems and Student Information Management system desired.
- Experience with grant writing and grant management desired.
- Curriculum and program development experience desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple local businesses, employers, industry, workforce development agencies and secondary and post-secondary institutions.
- An understanding of the needs and concerns of career and technical education faculty, staff, and students.
- Assists the President in planning, organizing, coordinating, marketing and directing the institutional programs and in-service activities.
- Leads the institution’s charge to provide dual enrollment and dual credit opportunities for high schools in the TCAT-S service area.
- Assists in supervision of instructional programs at extension campuses, planning and implementation of additional satellite campuses, including on-site training in area businesses.
- Assists with the oversite of the evening college programs.
- Ensure programs are in compliance with all related accreditation requirements and mandates.
- Assists in preparing and/or reviewing various reports as assigned.
- Assists in operating and maintaining the college’s plant, equipment and facilities.
- Coordinates with business and industry to develop special training opportunities.
- Assists in student conduct, attendance and academic matters when needed by interacting with the student population in matters of counseling, motivational programs and due process.
- Supervises and evaluate assigned faculty and their programs.
- Assists in curriculum development and in-service activities.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and oversees the financial operations of all programs.
- Assists in writing grant proposals and managing grant funds.
- Assists in conducting New Employee Orientation for all faculty and staff.
- Serves as the lead advisor for SkillsUSA and the Student Government Association.
- Chairs the Graduation Committee.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the President.
Salary commensurate with experience, education, and training according to guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Application Deadline: November 25, 2017.
Qualified applicants may submit a letter detailing how they meet the requirements for the position to accompany resume, transcripts and references.
An application and job description may be obtained by contacting Laura Monks at the address below or at the institution’s web-site: www.tcatshelbyville.edu.
Please send or e-mail application, cover letter and resume to:
Laura Monks, President of Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville
1405 Madison Street
Shelbyville, TN 37160
Phone 931-685-5013 Fax 931-685-5016
Employment Documents: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Shelbyville is an
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer, and
Tennessee Board of Regents Institution.