Career Services Specialist
(Contingent upon Being the Recipient of Grant Funds)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Athens is accepting applications for a
Career Services Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) or Associates Degree with two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic Computer and Customer Service Skills.
- Must possess good multitasking, organization, communication, and planning skills
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information provided by professional journals, general media, and government (i.e., policies and procedures updates, labor trends, etc.).
- Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information to diverse groups.
- Must possess the ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish factual framework, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work as part of a team oriented organization
- Assist customers in computer lab/resource library who are engaged in job search.
- Answer customer questions concerning AJC programs or services and/or refer to appropriate Career Center partner.
- Recruit and refer customers for program participation.
- Interview customers and collect information to determine program eligibility and certification.
- Proficiently navigate VOS for data input, customer tracking and data updates.
- Engage customer in a career exploration process and guide customer in the decision-making process to identify employment goals and/or career path in order to develop a mutually agreed upon individual employment plan.
- Provide assessments to identify customer needs when appropriate.
- Assist with interview preparation, and provide guidance regarding workplace expectations when appropriate.
- Conduct job placement and customer follow-up contact log in VOS.
- Assess customer needs for social and financial supports and services; assist customer in accessing these services and identify community resources offered by public and private agencies.
- Demonstrate professionalism in terms of meeting deadlines, follow-through with assignments, and completing all work accurately.
Salary is commensurate with experience, education, qualifications, and Tennessee College of Applied Technology guidelines.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
- Must submit a resume AND a TCAT Athens Application (available http://www.tcatathens.edu/tcat-employment)
- Resumes and applications will be accepted until 3pm on Friday, June 16, 2017.
- Send resume and application to the following address:
Kim Davis, Assistant Director
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Athens
P.O. Box 848
Athens, TN 37303
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Kim Davis, Assistant Director, 423-744-2814 firstname.lastname@example.org