The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (TCATs) are approved to provide training to students who are eligible for the benefit programs listed below. Eligibility is established by agencies outside the college, and eligible students typically are referred to the program by the appropriate program agency.
- Veterans Assistance: Education benefits at the TCATs are available to eligible veterans and dependents of veterans. For information about specific programs and eligibility requirements, visit the Veterans Assistance website.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: The Tennessee vocational rehabilitation program provides education benefits to students who have functional, developmental, cognitive, and emotional impairments or health disabilities, based on demonstrated need. To determine eligibility and learn more about vocational rehabilitation, visit the Tennessee Department of Human Services website.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act: The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy. Eligible TCAT students may receive federal assistance for books and supplies, transportation, and day care services. For more information, visit WIOA Overview.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance: The Trade Adjustment Assistance program is a federal program designed to provide benefits to workers who lose their jobs or experience reduced hours/wages as a result of foreign labor or imports. Certain TCAT students may be eligible for education assistance through this program. To learn more, visit the U.S. Department of Labor website.
- Tennessee Opportunity Programs, Inc.: The mission of Tennessee Opportunity Programs is to empower migrant and seasonal farm workers and other disadvantaged Tennesseans to achieve economic self-sufficiency by providing services that address their individual needs. For information about these programs call Leecia Walker at 931-864-8515.