Technology Foundations/Technical College Learning Support
All new students must complete the WorkKeys Curriculum Placement Tests to assess their current skill levels in applied mathematics, graphic literacy, and reading for information. The results of these placement tests will determine if students need to attend a Technology Foundations class to improve math and/or reading skills. Students will work at their own place and exit the program once they achieve a designated skill level.
Credit for Previous Training/Work Experience
Training completed in high school or at technical institutes, colleges and other training situations, such as business, industry, and the military, will be evaluated toward completion requirements where applicable. In order to request credit for previous training, students may be asked to provide one or more of the following:
- Testing: The program instructor may request that the student demonstrate proficiency through oral or written exams, and/or skill performance.
- Transcripts: The program instructor will review the student’s official educational transcripts and grant credit for previous coursework as appropriate.
Prior Credit Evaluation Process
When a student requests credit for prior education/training or experiences, a few sources of prior credit may be reviewed by instructors for recommendation for the student to receive credit towards a course in a program of study offered by the college.
- Is required for the Practical Nursing
- Call to schedule testing appointments. Applicants should call and schedule a either 8:00am or 12:00pm testing times. There are a limited number of seats available for testing.
- Tests are given at: TCAT Huntsville campus, 355 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early for the test to sign in and pay.
- ACT Exemption – If you are under 21 and have scored a 19 or above on each of the Reading and Math sections of the ACT (not the composite), you do not have to take the HESI. You must bring in your test results with a photo ID.
What do I need to bring to the test?
- Photo Identification Card
- $40.00 for the full exam (Cash/Check/Cards/Money Order acccepted)
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER PRIOR TO TAKING THE HESI TEST. To register for the test log onto: https://evolve.elsevier.com/ then click on “MY EVOLVE” and click “CREATE ACCOUNT” in the orange box.
HESI is an untimed computerized test that has 3 seperate components on reading, math, and critical thinking. The test should take approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete. You must make 70% on Math and 70% on Reading to pass the HESI. The critical thinking component is for Intructor purposes, as of right now.
HESI Retesting Policy – There is no wait time for re-testing, but if you are re-testing, you need ot let us know so you can re-take. Tests are pre-ordered and you can not re-take the same test.
How students can redeem HESI Case Studies, Practice Test, and/or Patient Reviews access codes:
*Need help registering for your online course(s)? Visit
http://help.elsevier.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2388/p/8639/ or contact me for assistance.
Getting started for students who are taking a HESI Exam for the first time:
Students can visit https://hesiinet.elsevier.com and click on “View the HESI Exam Tutorial.”
Quick student HESI remediation training video at:
Additional resources for students:
Browse product technical requirements:
***For Evolve courses/resources, we recommend Firefox or Chrome. However, for HESI iNet testing (taking actual exams), please use Internet Explorer.